The Importance of Physical Therapy Post-Accident
Catastrophic Personal Injury Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents cause a lot of wear and tear on the body. Some injuries are felt immediately, some injuries are not felt until much later, and some injuries could last you a lifetime. The idea of seeking physical therapy after you have been involved in an accident is the best way to recover as quickly as possible, and that is professional physical therapy. Which may not be accomplished by simple exercise.
The purpose of physical therapy is to assist the body, which is already a self-healing mechanism, in the rehabilitation process. Some injuries sustained after a motor vehicle accident require more physical therapy than others. Below are a few reasons you should pursue physical therapy after a motor vehicle accident.
- Sometimes there is no way to determine how long an injury may last. By going through physical therapy, you are increasing the likelihood of the injuries you have sustained not lasting as long as they could have. Physical therapy has shown to change predicted outcomes as it pertains to injuries after a motor vehicle accident.
- Without physical therapy, it is likely you will not heal at all. You may even potentially worsen your injuries. Physical therapy not only helps make recovery possible, but it allows recovery to come sooner than later.
- While you endure pain in the midst of recovery, by deciding to go through physical therapy you are giving your body the chance to not feel as terrible. As you progress in your rehabilitation, what once was extremely painful will hurt less. When your physical therapy is specific to the injury and the area of your body that has suffered pain, by healing faster pain will also reduce faster.
- Several people suffer injuries that may only be resolved by surgery. However, in the event that surgery is not detrimental to your healing, physical therapy is a natural way to allow your body to heal itself without undergoing the knife and being left with extremely high medical bills and more time off from work.
- When pursuing a personal injury claim, any efforts made to rehabilitate will increase your chances of a winning settlement. With a medical professional providing notes to opposing counsel and insurance companies about your efforts and the extent of your pain. This is also proof that you are trying to heal, and not remain in a place of suffering and pity.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a motor vehicle accident and is currently seeking physical therapy, speak with a skilled catastrophic personal injury attorney Decatur, GA to assist with all of the back end work while you or your loved one is on the road to recovery.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. for their insight into personal injury cases and the benefits of physical therapy for car accident injuries.