If you were injured in a car accident, it might be time to consult with an auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN trusts. Many injured victims attempt to deal with the insurance company themselves. However, that can result in a settlement that is far less than what the victim is actually entitled to receive. A seasoned auto accident Memphis, TN victims recommend knows that not having an attorney can even end up with the insurance company denying your injury claim completely.
At Wiseman Bray, we have helped many auto accident victims receive justice and collect the financial compensation they deserved. With one of our dedicated Memphis auto accident lawyers by your side, you may be more likely to obtain the compensation you also deserve.
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
An experienced auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN residents call understands that many victims may be in shock and traumatized after an auto accident. However, in order to receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries, it is important to stay calm and follow these steps:
- Get a copy of the police report. Police should be called to a car accident scene to take a report, especially if any individuals suffered serious injuries. A police report includes important information about the car accident, including where it happened and who was involved. Remember to ask for a copy of this report before you leave the scene.
- Take photos. If you are physically capable, try to take a few photos of the accident scene with your cell phone camera. Clear photos of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and any skid marks on the road may help your auto accident lawyer in Memphis, TN prove your case in court.
- Talk to witnesses. If there were any witnesses who saw the car accident, it may be a wise idea to obtain their names and contact information. Your auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN respects may ask these witnesses to testify on your behalf in court.
- Seek medical attention. Even if your injuries seem minor, it may be in your best interest to seek medical attention as soon as possible. An auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN offers knows that it is not uncommon for symptoms of accident injuries to be delayed. In fact, they may not show up for days, sometimes even weeks, after the accident. A doctor can examine your injuries and determine what kind of treatment they require. If you neglect to get your injuries examined by a medical professional, the insurance company may assume you are not really hurt and consequently refuse to cover your medical bills. Alternately, if there is evidence of your injury, the insurance company could try to say the injuries occurred after the accident. To prove that they may point to the fact that you delayed getting a medical examination.
- Hire a lawyer. A skilled auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN relies on may help you win compensation by gathering evidence and building a strong argument against the liable party. Schedule a meeting with a Wiseman Bray lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case.
How Much Is an Auto Accident Case Worth?
A seasoned auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN provides knows that every auto accident case is different. Some claims are worth more than others. The value of your auto accident case may depend on a number of factors, such as how much your medical bills cost, any future medical care you may require, lost wages, and your overall pain and suffering. For example, if you suffered a severe head injury that requires future medical treatments, you may be entitled to a significantly higher compensation amount.
Your auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN clients rely on can explain to you in detail what damages you may be entitled to receive from the at-fault party. In general, car accident victims can sue for economic damages and noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages are those that have a hard dollar amount attached to them. For example, any costs associated with medical treatment are damages that you can pursue. This includes bills for:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency room treatment
- Doctors’ visits
- Emotional damage
- Physical therapy
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical equipment
- Transportation costs to and from medical appointments.
- If the accident left you with a permanent disability that requires special accommodations for your home such as wheelchair access, these costs can also be included in your lawsuit or damage claim.
- Loss of income, both in the past and any future income you cannot earn because of your injury. Loss of income can also be applied to benefits you may have lost, as well as those you may have had to use during your recuperation, such as sick or vacation time. If you are unable to go back to the type of work you had before the accident, you may be able to obtain financial damages for that loss of income, too.
- Noneconomic damages are those types of damages that do not have an actual dollar amount. However, you are entitled to receive financial compensation as a way to “make you whole” again. You can obtain noneconomic damages for:
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish or distress.
- Loss of life enjoyment.
- Loss of companionship.
- Loss of consortium.
Contact a Memphis Auto Accident Lawyer Today
An auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN depends on can meet with you and determine the approximate amount of compensation to which you are entitled. At Wiseman Bray, the approach we take in handling car accident injury cases is what sets our firm apart from the average auto accident lawyer in Memphis, TN. Other lawyers take on hundreds of cases and are often only interested in coming to a quick settlement of the case and avoiding litigation. Each auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN turns to at Wiseman Bray is committed to getting our clients the maximum amount of compensation that is possible.
Our firm’s legal team is available to discuss your case during a free initial consultation. If you are searching for a trusted auto accident lawyer Memphis, TN has to offer, contact Wiseman Bray at 901-372-5003.